Saturday, August 23, 2008

Thoughts the Size of Mogo Part 1

Welcome to Thoughts the Size of Mogo, my new Blog on my thoughts of what's going on with the Comic Book Industry, and probably somethings with Video Games too.
First of all, anyone who doesn't know who Mogo is, well you should lol, in all seriousness Mogo is the Sentient Planet Green Lantern, yes a giant Speaking Planet with a Green Lantern ring.



Yes this is Mogo.

Anyways I chose the name thoughts the size of Mogo because well I have planetary sized thoughts, hell universal sized thoughts, anyways but Mogo is the biggest thing in the Green Lantern Corps. so that is why I used him.
Anyways here is what I am thinking about in comics.
DC Comics:


Robin:
Robin has a new Writer Fabian Nicieza, and right now I can't explain why it might be his writing or the characters he is using, but this is the first time I am really excited about Robin, I mean Robin has always been my brother's character but I've always read the book and since Chuck Dixon came back it was the best book of the week most of the time and now with what Fabian has instored for it, it just sounds so great.



Red Robin:
Alright this is one of the main reasons I like Robin right now, the Mysterious Red Robin, wearing the costume Jason Todd (Red Hood) threw away from his adventures his Countdown to Final Crisis, this mysterious person, helped save Robin's life against Red Hood. The mysterious around the ere of this character just peaks my curiosity, which hasn't been peaked since Red Hood was Jason Todd. My theory on who Red Robin is, is that he is Anarky (Lonnie Machin). Lonnie is a mastermind teenager, who helped fight against some of the nastiest Corrupt leaders of the DCU including both Darkseid, The Demon and Ra's Al Ghul and lived against both with no Superpowers, while he is incredibly smart and has great Combat skills now too. Sense his last appearance in 2005 in Green Arrow, with the time passed especially with One Year Later passed his skills and mental prowess has probably increased, so he would probably be able to fit the build of Red Robin now. Red Robin also did help stop Jason Todd who was a Leader of the Gangs of Gotham, and Corrupt Leaders, Lonnie would stop. Also, in Robin Annual 1 Robin was looking up Lonnie's origin as well as in Tim's first solo detective story, stopped Anarky. So I think he would may try and help Robin now as Red Robin, as well as they say that Mass Anarchy is coming in issue 181 so he might be in that or he is already in it as Red Robin. Either if Lonnie is Red Robin or not, I'll probably still like Red Robin anyways.




Is He Red Robin? Well 3 Months till we find out.

Guy Gardner:
One of the other Green Lanterns, Guy Gardner is going to be in the new Animated series, Batman: Brave and The Bold, I can't wait for this because seeing Hal, Kyle and John animated, it is time for the Fourth Musketeer to have his time to shine, in the Green Lantern's Light (used instead of Limelight.) Hopefully he'll get to one punch Batman this time like Hal did in Rebirth, rather than the stupid story brought up from the JLI. Guy is such a cool Badass character so it is good to see him get this.



Guy animated? Hell Yeah!





Legion of 3 Worlds:
Ah the new Final Crisis tie-in about the Legion came out this week, and it was a good starting issue, but the things I can't wait for are: Bart Allen's Return, The other Last Green Lantern of the Future, Wildfire and Lightning Lad Kicking ass, and hopefully Conner Kent returning as well to show Superboy Prime, who the real Superboy is! So there is so many different reasons to read this book, so you should if you are a fan of the Legion or Superman, or want to see the whiny kid from the Sinestro Corp War and Infinite Crisis, get his ass kicked, whatever you choose it hopefully shouldn't be a let down.




This tale is sure to be 3 times the shock.



Superman:
I heard news that the next Superman movie might be a revamp like Batman Begins or The Incredible Hulk, which I think is good news we need like a Superman Begins or something, I'd like it if it continued from Smallville, I mean get Tom Welling for Clark/Superman and Michael Rosenbaum for Lex Luthor and bam you have two great actors playing roles they have been for a while that they do phenomenal jobs at I see no problems with doing that, Tom does an awesome Clark and I want him to play the movie Superman, no offense to Brandon Routh but Superman Returns, was ok, but nothing special or monumental like the Batman movies (Begins and The Dark Knight.)



Now there's Superman for ya!



Geo-Force:
Geo-Force is coming up in the DCU: Last Will and Testament and I can't wait to see him kick Deathstroke's ass, Geo-Force has interested me for a while with his powers and spirit and all, he is a great character so I hope he does avenge his Sister, Terra in this. This is also written by Brad Meltzer who is a phenomenal writer when it comes to emotional stories, so I hope it is as good as I am making it out to be.



Don't make him Angry, you won't like him when he's angry.



Lex Luthor:
You know I think Lex needs something more, I mean after 52 and Geoff and Kurt's arc on Action, I just don't think he is up to his full potential, he is one of the smartest people on Earth, he should Win Superman atleast once, or atleast be viewed as Hero, so I hope he is shown as a Hero in Final Crisis and showed to more of his full potential in comics more. As well as he needs a new power armor I mean no offense, the Bulky Purple and Green armor, is so outdated, he needs like an Iron Man armor or something, that makes him look formidable.



"This is my Full Potential! Use it!"





Sodam Yat:
The Most Powerful Green Lantern of the All, Sodam Yat, Ion, I love this character since his debut in the Sinestro Corp War, he is a cocky, strong, brave, couragaeous, and confident character that is rebellious and gets the job done, I really wish he beat Superboy Prime in the SCW but still he did give him a run for his money as well as kicked Nero's butt, so I hope in the Blackest Night he kicks major ass and helps save the day.




Difference between me and you? I make this look good.



The Joker:
Ah the Clown Prince of Crime, Heath Ledger R.I.P. played his amazingly that the Joker in comics needs to be brought up to that level, he isn't creepy enough in the comics, I really just don't feel the power that he used to bring after the Power Heath breathed into him, I mean the Joker in the Dark Knight, is absolutely phenomenal, and I don't really like the Joker but he made me see him as the Demented Villain he is that makes him a likeable villain. So it is going to be hard to bring the Joker up to Heath's par but I think it can be done.



Why so serious?!



Aquaman:
There is a New Aquaman, he is has been here for the last couple years and he has been one of my favorite new characters, I hope he stays in the DCU sense he is appearing in Final Crisis, but I hope he gets fixed because there should have been an Aquaman Annual because there were too many plots that weren't finished in Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis so I hope to see more of him and that he gets fixed.



Aquaman kicks ass with a Sword



The Weird:
Yes, you might be asking yourself who the hell is this guy, but ever sense Mystery in Space by Jim Starlin I love this dude, he is one of the most imaginative ideas DC has done, he is a fantastic character with amazing powers, I am glad he is back in Rann/Thanagar:Holy War by Jim Starlin one of the best books out there pick it up if you aren't reading it. The Weird is just so fun,cool and intriguing characters there is. There are so many and not enough words to explain the Weird so pick up Mystery in Space and Rann/Thanagar: Holy War and then you can see what I am saying.



"Things are getting Weirder by the minute. Is He talking about me?"



Hal Jordan:
The Best for Last eh? well what can I say about my favorite character except for the fact that his Costume in MKvs. DCU is just freakin' awesome I love it, it is my background picture on my laptop, this is a more modern looking GL costume that looks more than just a Leotard, so I like it and hope his costume changes to this in the comics, because it also looks more like a space cop outfit too. Also in Solicits he is also appearing in Brave and the Bold 19 with Phantom Stranger so that looks like a great issue, Magic and Technology together never a bad team-up, so I can't wait the more stuff with Hal, the better.



"Green Lantern's Light!"



Well that's all for this week for Thoughts the Size of Mogo, come back next week when I'll share more of what I think of the Comic Book Industry and other industries that I am interested in. So tune in next time Same Myspace Page, Same Mogo Title.






Note all Characters mentioned Copyright of DC Comics.

1 comment:

Zack Mckinley said...

Awesome blog, did yo know that micheal rosenbaum voiced the flash in the justice league and justice league unlimited animated series, and he did it extremely well.keep blogg'n.